Remso offer Carbon Injection Dispenser for carbon and fluxes injction efficiency in the EAF as the corner stone for improvement of metallurgical process and of conversion cost.
The Carbon Injection Dispenser, with precise flow-rate control for each injector, allows an efficient injection of carbon fines generates chemical energy, by the combustion of C to CO in the liquid bath, and retain it in the slag/steel interface by the early and excellent foamed slag generation. Moreover, the foamed slag becomes the vehicle that transfers and distributes the chemical energy generated over the entire liquid steel surface.
The capacity of the carbon injection system shall be able to sustain with the flow rates and quantities requirements of two sidewall carbon lances and the Remso carbon lance during at least an entire heat.
The fines could be stored into storage silos / hoppers. Ideally the dispenser should be installed as close as possible to the EAF, in the event that is not feasible, and it is necessary to move away from the furnace area, the maximum linear distance should not exceed 70 meters (230 ft). The filling process is automatically controlled by a filling level limit switch and managed by two pneumatic on / off fail safe valves.
- It is encased in a self-standing steel frame for easy handling.
- Independent skid cabinet for compressed air requirements.
- The electrical wiring is supplied complete up to a electrical box fixed on the dispenser steel frame.
- Accurate fines flow rate control performed by 4-20mA ceramic valve.
- Accurate transportation air flow control performed by 4-20mA valve.
- Optimized consumption of transportation air (the measurement is performed by VORTEX meter that has a far greater range than traditional calibrated disk).
- Fast fines flow rate stabilization.
- The connections between the dispenser and pneumatic skid are made by flexible hose